1. Breakthrough in Africa! It is “music to our ears” to learn that American owned Bechtel Construction has won a $4 billion contract for a 295-mile highway spanning from Nairobi to Mombasa Kenya. I said American not Chinese! Some of our members have relationships with Bechtel and now is the time to envision working in the Motherland via subcontracting and partnerships. NBCC Board Member Fred Jordan did his early internship with Bechtel. Thus, we are asking him to help convene meetings with the firm and NBCC members. I am putting on my “Bucket List” to drive roundtrip on this completed highway in a convertible Corvette with Kay by my side wearing a halter top and pink shorts while we view giraffes and zebras along the way.
3. Deadline for Irma Working Capital Disaster Loans: All applications for working capital disaster loans has been set for an October 26 deadline. If you need it, jump on it now!
5. Tax Reform – It is going to Happen!! All chapters and associations are invited to join in the Coalition Letter to Congress on Tax Reform and the federal Budget. This is the greatest opportunity to make America soar to further economic greatness. Become a part of this! We can sign your group up.
6. White House Initiative on HBCU’s: Are you one of the all-stars?
7. Gubernatorial Candidates Tout Platforms at Jersey Chamber Conference. It was awesome.
8. Our African American Museum a year later: The pride and joy of our heritage!
9. The Latest in the Fight against Construction Racism: We will be relentless until victory is won.