1. Investing in America’s Diversity: It is our distinct pleasure to invite you to participate in our silver anniversary conference July 26-29 in Washington, DC. The Fairfield Inn and Suites (owned by world renown Robert L. Johnson) will serve as our hotel of record. We’ve negotiated an outstanding room rate which includes free high speed Internet and complimentary breakfast. Hurry and make your reservation, our discounted rate of $189 for king and $199 for 2 queen beds is available until June 26!
2. Dell Partnership: We are excited to announce our new partnership with Dell. You will never have to buy any of the fine products of Dell at “list price” again. Determine your needs and purchase your Dell products online through our website and receive fantastic discounts. This is going to improve your “Bottom Line”. We thank Dell for sharing this great opportunity with our federation.
3. All of This and It is Free: Plan to attend the American Express Annual Open for Government Contracting: Summit for Success here in Washington, DC on June 15, 2017. It will be a day of valuable information about how to prepare for contracting and followed by an evening of networking. This is a don’t miss opportunity and is fully sponsored by American Express (no cost to you). Check out the registration info and we will see you there.
4. Hail to Missouri: Kudos for Governor Eric Greitens for signing into law the abolishment of state funded Project Labor Agreements. This is a great breakthrough for our contractors and taxpayers in the Gateway State. Congratulations to all who put up the good fight. Governor Scott Walker of Wisconsin attended the signing ceremony – does that mean something?
5. Human Smuggling – Business is Growing! Human smuggling is becoming one of the greatest unlawful industries in the world. Right now, it is bringing in more than $35 billion per year. Something needs to be done immediately.
6. Lyft Partnership: We are very proud of our partnership with ride share giant Lyft. This company is dedicated to diversity and inclusion and that is the kind of corporation we like to partner with. Please look at the latest from them which shows that commitment.