eBlast March 22, 2007
1. Register for the 15th Annual Convention: The registration fees for our upcoming convention, July 25 – 28, 2007, at the W Hotel, 333 Poydras St., New Orleans are very attractive. Thus, we are going to sell out very soon. Register today! The room rate for the W Hotel is only $119. This year’s theme: “Not Just For Me”. (Here)
2. Help Build the MLK Memorial: The National Memorial Project Foundation, Inc. is building a database of qualified and bona fide contractors seeking to compete on work related to the upcoming MLK Memorial on the National Mall in DC. The database will close on May 2, 2007. Those interested should contact the Foundation’s Program Manager at: Mr. Marin Sabic, 7297-A Lee Highway, Suite 200, Falls Church, VA 22042.
3. Procurement Fair: Congressman Al Wynn will be hosting his annual procurement fair on March 26, 10:00AM, at the Universities of Shady Grove, in Montgomery County, Maryland. Federal procurement agents and others will be coming with bidding opportunities on the “spot”. Don’t miss this major event. For more information call 202-225-8699.
7. Bonding Assistance Program: We want to congratulate Mayor C. Ray Nagin for the formal kick off of the Bonding Assistance Program in New Orleans, March 19, 2007. It has been well received and has the political and community backing that should make it an overwhelming success and a model for the nation. (Here)
8. Monday Morning Check Ups: The Honorable Maxine Waters (newly appointed Sub-Committee Chair for Housing) announced at the recent National Newspaper Publishers Association Press Week Dinner that she will be touring New Orleans every Monday morning looking for signs of progress in the Gulf Rebuilding. Every Monday must show improvement from the previous Monday or there will be “hell” to pay. Pick up the pace federal officials! There is a new sheriff in town.