1. Happy New Year! Please note our new address: 4400 Jenifer Street NW, Suite 331, Washington, DC 20015. Emails and phone numbers remain the same. Members of the NBCC with current financial status are welcome to use the office whenever they are visiting DC. Please call ahead and it is a policy of first come, first serve. We have plenty of room.
2. High Speed Rail Summit: There will be a conference concerning the status and future of high speed rail projects. The US High Speed Rail Association will host this conference during February 11-13, 2013 at the Alion Conference Center, 1100 New Jersey Ave. SE, Washington, DC 20003. For more information please go to: www.ushsr.com.
4. Trying to Prohibit Free Trade: There is a group of domestic natural gas users who are trying to prevent natural gas companies from exporting their product. Natural gas is abundant in the United States and is very competitive on the world market. Let our natural gas companies sell wherever they can make a profit.
5. Taxing Our Cell Phones to Death: It is time to stop increasing the amount of taxation on our cell phones. State and local governments are doing this to cover up their mismanagement of local budgets. This ineptness hurts our bottom line and personal expenses. Let’s tell our politicians “Enough Already”.
6. Save the Date! Meet us in Palm Beach for our 21st Annual Conference July 17-19. On an island known for its swaying palm trees and fresh coastal breezes lies a heavenly retreat on Palm Beach’s most beautiful, expansive beach. At five-star Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach, Florida, immerse yourself in a chic and classic Florida resort where your every desire for a tropical escape will be met. You won’t believe the hotel rates we have negotiated at the Four Seasons Hotel. Take a peek!