|Progress Report August 15, 2012|
1. Keynote Speakers for the PanAfrican Entrepreneurs Conference: We are happy to announce that Robert Agbede, President of Chester Engineers – the largest Black engineering firm in the world, will be addressing the attendees of our upcoming conference at the 5 star Four Seasons Hotel in Houston, Texas during November 15 – 18, 2012. Also, we are equally happy to announce that Prosper Adabla of Accra, Ghana will also be speaking before the group of international entrepreneurs. Prosper owns several companies that are operating in the global market. Both speakers will be discussing the keys to their success in international trade. Stay tuned for more announcements.
2. Kudos from the Art Institute of Atlanta: We have posted a letter of appreciation from the president of this fine institution. They participated in our 20th Annual Convention which was held in Atlanta, GA last month.
3. A new Committee for the NBCC: We have determined that there is a need for a Restaurant/Hospitality Committee. Those members who own or operate restaurants, hotels or any other hospitality related business are invited to participate and help us recognize issues that will affect our economic future. We were successful in the Card Check issue a few years ago and want to continue that success through advocacy and organizing initiatives.
4. Beyond the Rhetoric: Here are our notes on the recent visit to Trinidad and Tobago. It was a fantastic trip.
5. Off to Equatorial Guinea: Next week ten of us will be journeying to the West African nation of Equatorial Guinea to participate in the Sullivan Foundation’s IX Summit. Besides assessing the opportunities of this oil rich nation, we will be networking with African entrepreneurs and high ranking government officials from the continent. Anyone seeking certain information relating to business opportunities should contact Charles DeBow at