Intuit and the National Black Chamber of Commerce are working together to create the “Small Business United” campaign
featuring a stimulus package aimed at helping America’s 27 million small businesses save money, get more customers
and save time.
The offerings, available at www.smallbusinessunited.com, include:
· Totally Free Software: Save money with accounting software: Based on customer surveys, 70 percent of QuickBooks users say
that using QuickBooks helps them be more profitable, and agree that it helps them get paid faster. QuickBooks Simple Start Free Edition lets users
easily track money coming in and money going out. The downloadable software is easy to set up and use, and also helps businesses get ready
for tax time.
· Free Year: Get more customers with free Web sites: Intuit research shows that while less than half of small businesses have a
Web site, more than 95 percent want one. The Intuit Website service lets businesses quickly set up professional-looking websites to attract more
customers. The package, free for the first year, includes award-winning Web site-building software with easy point and click features and design
templates, Web hosting, and toll-free phone support seven days a week. Charges after the first year start at only $4.99 per month.
· Free Six Months: Save time with free payroll service: To help small businesses accurately run payroll – and avoid costly mistakes
and penalties – the Intuit Online Payroll service is available for free for six months and only $9.95 per month after that for new users, a savings
of more than $300 per year. Simply enter employees’ hours and run payroll with just a few clicks.
· Free Service: Get incorporated with free incorporation services: With more entrepreneurs entering the market from other jobs that
are no longer available, Intuit is offering free incorporation and LLC formation services from MyCorporation, an Intuit company, until July 31, 2009.
· Free Six Months: Get paid faster with free credit card processing: Finding more ways to help small businesses get paid and maintain
cash flow, Intuit is offering credit card processing services free for six months through Intuit QuickBooks Online Terminal. Transaction fees still apply.
· Free Download: Manage cash flow with free retail management software: To maximize profits by tracking sales and customers,
Intuit is offering its recently announced retail software, QuickBooks Cash Register Plus, as a free download, a $300 value.
For tax and accounting professionals, Intuit is offering a host of discounts on products that help them and clients operate at peak levels of efficiency
and get more done in less time, as time is money. More information is available at http://accountant.intuit.com/getmoredone.
Intuit Encouraging Small Businesses to Help Each Other
America’s entrepreneurial spirit is stronger – and more united – than ever, according to Intuit’s recent study.
Nine out of 10 small business owners surveyed said they rely on peers for support and advice. Fifty-one percent of
small business owners said they feel a special bond or connection with other small business owners, while 53 percent
believe they can learn from their peers’ mistakes and successes.
Tapping into this sense of community, Intuit is providing a way for small businesses to win up to $25,000 by sharing their
success stories and advice.